- 6th March 2018
- Posted by: SENO PURNOMO
IBM® Maximo Anywhere mobile apps run on the Android, iOS, and Microsoft Windows operating systems. The apps are based on a hybrid application model that combines the benefits of web and native app capabilities. Because the apps are configurable, you can control certain aspects of performance, access to data, and app capabilities.
Hybrid application model
The Android application package, iOS application archive, and Windows application file are accompanied by a IBM MobileFirst Platform Foundation application package (WLAPP). The MobileFirst application package contains application metadata and web resources that are used to identify and service the client application.
You deploy both application packages to IBM MobileFirst™ Platform Server. Mobile workers download the Android application package, the iOS application archive, or the Windows application file from the Application Center and install it on their devices.
You can configure the Maximo Anywhere apps to suit your business needs. The following configurations apply to all apps:
- Define work list queries that are targeted towards specific user groups.
- Define the lookup data that users can download to the device.
- Restrict access to the status change feature by user group.
- Enable encryption of the local data store for the app.
- Define the frequency with which local data changes are sent by the app to the server.
- Define the timeout value for requests that are issued by the app to the server.
The configuration of map capabilities applies only to the IBM Maximo® Anywhere Work Execution and IBM Maximo Anywhere Inspection apps.
Real Signature and electronic signature are available only for the IBM Maximo Anywhere Work Execution and IBM Maximo Anywhere Inspection apps.
Maximo Anywhere mobile apps
The Maximo Anywhere apps are integrated with the work management service provider in IBM Maximo Asset Management. This integration enables mobile workers to access a subset of the work order data that is available in the Work Order Tracking application.
Each app supports role-specific tasks in the work management process.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Asset Audit app
- Provides audited asset tracking and editing. Users can view assets to be audited in a set of locations, mark assets as audited, mark assets as audited by scanning the assets, and add new assets in a location.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Asset Data Manager app
- Provides asset tracking and record storage. Users can create new asset records, change the status of existing assets, add asset meter readings, and report the downtime for assets.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Inspection app
- Provides a list of assets and locations that need to be inspected. These assets and locations are defined in the work orders.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Issues and Returns app
- Provides an organization with a service for monitoring and controlling the movement and consumption of inventory items and tools. Users can see data from any storeroom or site that they have access to, but they must refresh the system data whenever they change the default insert site. The Issues and Returns app can be used to issue items, return items, issue multiple rotating assets, and split items into the available bins.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Physical Count app
- Provides storeroom staff with access to storeroom inventory items to perform an inventory count and record the physical count for the storeroom items. This app operates in both connected and disconnected modes.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Service Request app
- Provides a platform for entering service requests into Maximo Asset Management. Users can speak or type a description of the request, and enter a location and an asset for the request. They can also view the requests that they created that are currently unresolved so that they can follow up on those requests. This app is available for iOS devices only.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Transfers and Receiving app
- Provides a service for inventory maintenance and tracking. Users can transfer inventory items or tools between storerooms within the same site or across sites and organizations and track the delivery of these items or tools. Users can create shipment receipt records to log the receipt of transferred inventory items, monitor the balance of received items, and adjust the totals and status in the inventory usage records. Users can specify that an inspection is required when inventory items are received and specify an inspection status for shipment receipt records. Users can also void shipment receipt records and, if necessary, return items when receiving shipments.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Work Approval app
- Provides supervisors, work planners, and financial staff with access to work orders that require approval before work can begin. Users can quickly approve or reject work orders by reviewing the high-level details, and they can examine planned costs, schedules, and asset history. Users can also report downtime for the assets in the work orders in the MultiAsset and Location section of work orders.
- IBM Maximo Anywhere Work Execution app
- Provides maintenance technicians and supporting staff members with access to the work order data that is most relevant to completing their tasks. Users can review task details, report labor actuals and tool or material usage, and maintain the work log. Depending on how the app is configured, users can also view a map of their work orders and obtain directions to work order locations. The app supports bar code scanning and voice recognition. Mobile workers can view and change the current classification of a work order. Users can also access the list of specification attributes that are associated with that classification. These attributes provide a value field that can be edited.